Saturday, May 13, 2006

Dust Settles On State Tournament

Just in case anyone is reloading the site expecting some new crazy-like stuff, well, cool...cuz I'm gonna end up working well into the night downloading and editing videos and adding some award-type stuff and who knows what else at 2:00am...isn't this what most 24-year olds do on Saturday night?

Check it...4 hours of video will be condensed into like 3-4 vidz by the end of the weekend...we have the postseason awards coming up too with player of the year, freshman of the year, most improved player, coach of the year, and whatever else...

We have NEW rankings coming on, ahem, Monday night...as it is definitely harder than most sports when the IHSA geography messes with everything to figure out where a top team like St Pats fits into the mix even though they were mistakenly omitted from the state tournament once again...

Then there are the thoughts and comments from the weekend, UNCENSORED!!!!!!!!!!!!...or something. I was there from Thursday afternoon, 3:00pm, until Saturday night, 10:00pm (well I left a bunch of times but I didnt miss a minute of polo). So I'll talk about some random stuff. Like I am now, I guess. I'm loopy, it was a long weekend.

I'll also talk about some DVD action coming soon. Cuz like, I want to get ALL the footage I've captured out to anyone who wants to see their son, daughter, friend, nephew, uncle (some high schoolers are uncles like the Pirate in the stands on Friday, more on that later), or themselves on video. And whatever you have seen on YouTube is garbage compared to the REAL quality on DVD. I mean, it's not HDTV or anything, but who needs that when you have Illpolo TV?!?!!?!

Oh, and I'll mention this again later, but WHAT is the deal with all the cameras and Comcast coverage of the state championship water polo game? I mean, I guess I find it interesting that the majority of everyone who was on the deck at the end of the night on Saturday has NEVER been to another game this year and they just show up and swoop in to cover water polo. Forget that...I'm really mad that the one guy got in front of my shot when Fenwick was holding up the trophy. The guys from Comcast just felt free to walk right across the camera while I was filming. Yeah, I thought about pulling the plug from their truck-to-broadcast connection, but that would only hurt the teams playing and not so much Comcast.

I'm sorta bitter too...last year the guy from Comcast called me about being the color commentator for the Stevenson-Mundelein boys game, and then 10 seconds into the conversation he blew me off and said NOT INTERESTED but i gave him the illpolo site address anyways and uhh...I dunno, he thought I was someone else I guess, hung up abruptly, checked my site on his own, called me back frantically a few minutes later and begged me to announce for them. Gee thanks. So I did anyway, and the guy I was announcing with knew nothing about polo, so I ended up doing most of his work too and it's on tape or DVD somewhere and I need that footage actually. If you have it, send it to me. Trust me, I was like the Steve Stone of water polo announcing. I did get a check from Comcast for announcing and a polo shirt that I haven't worn since, but it was funny seeing the guy who produced the game just walk by me today. Coming soon...Comcast vs Illpolo. Or something.

Midnight hits and I need to do something other than randomly type so I'll be back later...you all need to see the Super Ballers this week (Jean-Claude Van Damme and a pirate are involved and that's all you need to know!)