Monday, May 08, 2006

All-Illpolo Teams

I would be lying if I didn't say that I really don't like doing the All-Illpolo Teams. I started figuring these out a few weeks ago then kept tinkering with them every so often after seeing more games and more players perform. Then it gets to the end of the year and I want to include so many players who I have seen play well, so I keep adding and trying to figure things out and trying to match it all up with how All-State will be voted and then I start to think...what do I care about All-State, this is All-Illpolo and if I could I would create my own awards with my own awards banquet and we'd get some musical acts like Twisted Sister, Bonecrusher, and Sugar Ray to perform and all that...

...what we end up with is 6 teams, and I want everyone to keep in mind that this is strictly what I SAW and they are only MY OPINIONS and there are always factors like, a player was sick when I saw their team play 4 games at a tournament or something along those lines, so it's all just a matter of what I saw, heard about ,etc...plus, keep in mind that there really aren't a ton of resources out there to figure out what happened every single night like there would be for college basketball or a sport like that.