Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Bracket Drawing

I made a call to the IHSA today to find out when the brackets will be drawn for the state tournament in 2006. Their plan is to draw the brackets randomly on Wednesday, April 12th at around 9:00am or 10:00am. I was thinking about going down to their headquarters and film the drawing like the NBA Lottery is done, but uhh...perhaps I'll just on my computer and click reload every two minutes to find out how things will play out this year.

Anyways, next Wednesday, check back either here or directly on the IHSA site for the bracket drawing. They will list them; I will make brackets and set everything up and analyze and do whatever I need to do soon after on that day.

And obviously, the way the brackets are drawn makes a major difference in how the teams place at state; the right draw or the wrong draw can sometimes determine whether a team has a chance at a state trophy at the end of the season.